What do I wear?
We recommend wearing layers and comfortable shoes –the ground can be uneven and the weather can vary from hot sunlight to chilly evenings. Because the Bruns is an outdoor venue, you may be impacted by the following:
• Wildlife including bees and yellowjackets
• Eucalyptus groves
• Bare dirt, slippery leaves, and uneven ground
• Chilly evenings and fog during evening shows and heat and bright sunshine during daytime shows
How do I get there?
The Bruns Amphitheatre is located at 100 California Shakespeare Theater Way, Orinda CA 94563, which is about 7 miles from Berkeley and Oakland, just off Highway 24.
Driving from the West, take Highway 24 through the Caldecott tunnel (use the tunnel on the right). Take the second exit after the tunnel, Wilder Road. Turn left and follow the signs. Give yourself extra time for traffic through the tunnel during rush hour.
From the East, exit Highway 24 at Wilder Road just past Orinda. Go straight off the exit to the parking lot.
Click to Enlarge
Free Shuttle: take BART to the Orinda station and catch the free shuttle, which runs every 20 minutes beginning two hours before each performance.
Getting up the hill: The Bruns Amphitheater and grounds are situated at the top of a steep hill, in outdoor terrain. There are many ways to reach the amphitheater including:
• Shuttle–The Bart Shuttle makes a stop by the Box Office to bring patrons up the hill.
• Golf Cart makes trips up and down the hill.
• Walking up the path that meanders through the trees.
We want to make the Festival as accessible as possible to patrons with disabilities or limited mobility. Please call the Box Office at 510.841.1903 to discuss ways that we can make your experience comfortable and safe. If there’s something we’re not providing that you need, don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.